Ukraine welcomes you no matter where you come from. It is not difficult to cross the border if you follow some simple rules. You can find all important information about requirements to get visa and details about the period of stay. Start planning a future trip at least in three weeks before the departure. You have two ways of receiving a visa. The cheapest way is applying for it in a month term before the trip. The most expensive way is to apply for it in three days before visiting the country.
In case you can speak Russian or Ukrainian, you can contact the embassy bureau or visa department. Foreigners are not allowed to get visa after coming to Ukraine. This should be done prior to crossing the border. If it happens accidentally, you must leave the country and apply for visa there. You may download visa application form with a .pdf extension to make the process go faster.
If you come to Ukraine as a tourist, you have to pay attention to the following issues:
- Valid passport expiring at least in six months or later.
- Two or three photographs of 35mm * 45mm measures.
- Visa application with all fields filled with true data.
- Invitation from a Ukrainian resident -> Optional.
- Booking hotel confirmation -> Optional.
- Paid insurance.
- Flight tickets copies.
In case you want to prolong your visa in Ukraine, go to the local OVIR office to do it during four or five days. You are not allowed to get the different type of visa or cross the border many times. You will get the chance to freely leave Ukraine, but not come back there again, because the visa will be no longer valid. In case you plan to move in and out of Ukraine few times, it is advisable to apply for a new one outside Ukraine.
A Visit to Ukraine with no Visa
You can come to Ukraine without any visa if you come from one of the following countries:
- European countries: Austria, Andorra, Denmark, Belgium, Czech Republic, Estonia, France, Finland, Germany, Ireland, Iceland, Cyprus, Monaco, Luxemburg, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, Poland, Vatican City, UK, Spain, Liechtenstein, Netherlands, Portugal, Slovakia, Switzerland, Sweden, Slovenia.
- Asia: Kazakhstan, South Korea, Kyrgyzstan, Mongolia, Russia, Tajikistan, Japan, Georgia.
- Other continents: USA, Cuba, Canada.
Residents from countries above can come to Ukraine and stay there for a period of ninety days with no visa. In case you need to stay for a longer term, you will have to apply for a visa. This rule of 90 days stay works within a period of 180 days in a row.
You need Ukrainian visa in the following situations:
- You are not the resident of one of the countries from the list.
- In case you come from one of the listed countries, but you plan to live in Ukraine for longer than 90 days.
- If you have a specific aim for the trip: transit, tourist or business visas are at hand.